Hidden gems of Kerala
Athirapally and Vazhachal are among the most majestic waterfalls in the State. These picturesque locations have attracted people for ages with their lush greenery and stunning views. At Athirapally, one can see water crashing into the Chalakudy River from 80 ft high. A cool breeze takes over the terrain and people are left enchanted at this natural wonder.
In the lower hills of the Western Ghats lies the beautiful Malampuzha township whose lush greenery and plethora of picnic spots make it a must visit spot in these areas. It has really good trekking trails that are available to all with a penchant for the same. Malampuzha Gardens and the Irrigation Dam tend to be the areas that attract the highest number of visitors. Apart from being perfect picnic spots, there is a host of interesting trivia surrounding the place that adds to its appeal.
Dhoni Falls is just the perfect getaway for adventure enthusiasts looking for something more out of their trip to Palakkad. Pinned all-around by dense forest and country-side charm, the Dhoni Falls are popular as a quick and refreshing hike.
From the town of Nenmara in Palakkad district, the cloud-caressed peaks of the majestic Nelliyampathy Hill ranges are a sight to behold. The height of the hills ranges from 467 m to 1,572 m and it has an extremely calming effect on all who view it. To reach Nelliyampathy, one has to take the road starting from Nenmara that proceeds to the Pothundy Dam. There are about 10 hairpin bends that have to be negotiated on the way to Nelliyampathy.
Nilambur, a place known for teak plantations and tribal settlements. Proximity to the Nilgiri ranges of Western Ghats blesses Nilambur with ample rainfall, waterfalls and lush green rain forests. In addition to teak, there are many mahogany, rosewood and bamboo plantations here as well.
The Sree Kadampuzha Bhagavathy Temple is dedicated to Goddess Kiratha Parvathy. The temple is famous for not having an idol and daily poojas (prayers) are performed into a hole. The Goddess is said to have disappeared from here, after showing her presence to Adi Sankaracharya. It is believed that Adi Sankaracharya, the legendary 8th-century Indian philosopher, and theologian, is the founder of this temple.
- 24/7 availability of our travel experts
- wide array of Hidden gems of Kerala tour packages to choose from
- varied choices of hotels catering to all budgets;
- choices of taxis;
- pickup and drop service (flexibility to choose from pickup and drop points)
- customize the tour packages along with making special arrangements such as babysitting, room decoration, candle lit dinner, etc., are only a few perks of booking a holiday package with us.
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities are mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.