Kollam (Cashew capital of India)
Kollam or Quilon, an old seaport town on the Malabar Coast, had a sustained commercial reputation from the days of the Phoenicians and the Romans. A famous port of international spice trade in ancient India, the present day Kollam is famous for its varied modern industries including cashew nut processing and research, fisheries, etc. Its association with the renowned Ashtamudi Lake makes it the gateway to the magnificent backwaters of Kerala. The eight-hour boat trip between Kollam and Alappuzha is the longest and most exhilarating experience on the backwaters of Kerala. The place is also home to relics of the past and a number of temples built in the traditional ornate architectural style.
Thenmala, which lies at the conjunction of the Kollam-Shencottah road and the Trivandrum-Shencottah Road, boasts of India’s first planned Ecotourism destination. It has 10 Ecotourism spots that cover the great hill ranges of Thiruvananthapuram, Pathanamthitta and Kollam districts. ‘Thenmala’ translates to ‘Honey Hill’ and so it is no surprise that high quality honey is exported from this area. The surrounding dense forest is also known for the timber that is in much demand across the country. Its terrain is dotted by forests, rubber and tree plantations and was selected by the World Tourism Organisation as one of the premier eco-friendly projects in the world.
Ponmudi is among the best ways to spend time in the city. Families and friends alike are known to go on long drives up the winding paths for a view they insist rivals any other in the State. The slopes shrouded in mist fill one with a feeling of wonder and amazement. A large amount of rare flora and fauna can be seen here including mountain flowers, wild orchids and exotic butterflies.
The Jatayu Earth’s Center that hosts the world’s largest bird sculpture. Spanning over 65 acres across four hills, this is the State’s first ever BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) tourism
- 24/7 availability of our travel experts
- wide array of Kollam – Ponmudi – Thenmala tour packages to choose from
- varied choices of hotels catering to all budgets;
- choices of taxis;
- pickup and drop service (flexibility to choose from pickup and drop points)
- customize the tour packages along with making special arrangements such as babysitting, room decoration, candle lit dinner, etc., are only a few perks of booking a holiday package with us.
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities are mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.