Coorg & Chikmagalur
Nestled on the slopes of the Western Ghats, Coorg (also called Kodagu) woos you with its undulating hills, lush green forests and a spectacular landscape dotted with coffee plantations and orange groves. Coorg is the land of coffee, cardamom, colonels, and the Cauvery. Aptly dubbed as ‘the Scotland of India’, Coorg offers a spellbinding visual treat with its cloud-capped peaks, chirpy birds and sparkling streams, not to mention the unique, mouth-watering flavours of Kodagu cuisine.Coorg is the land of coffee and spices. The steep hillsides, with natural forest cover, are ideal for growing coffee. In fact, the district produces nearly 30% of India’s coffee. The British left behind a legacy of coffee plantations, which remain the main source of the area’s revenue today. One of the largest producers of honey in Asia, Kodagu is also renowned for its pepper and cardamom, producing large quantities of both for domestic use as well as export. Yet another produce grown in abundant quantities is the Coorg orange, making it land that suffuses sweetness with spiciness, even as the heady aroma of coffee wafts through the air. It also has the highest density of sacred groves in the world Madikeri is the picturesque capital of the Kodagu district and is located in a beautiful hilly setting surrounded by the forested slopes of the Western Ghats. Here, time seems to have stopped. Dotted with a cluster of red-roofed dwellings and a bustling bazaar, the town, situated at an elevation of 1525m, has a charming old-world look. Experience Coorg and discover nature at its best! Chikkamagaluru is a peaceful, beautiful town with hills, valleys, streams and coffee plantations. Karnataka’s coffee industry is in Chikmagalur and that makes it even more special. The Coffee seed was planted here for the first time in India in the Baba Budan Giri hills. Coffee seeds were brought into the region by Baba Budan, a Muslim saint, after his visit to Arabia in 1670 AD. The beans that were planted by him on the hill slopes of Chikkamagaluru flourished, and the famous The Indian Coffee Industry was born. A walk among the coffee plantations, especially during the flowering season (March-April) is an experience that every tourist must do to enjoy the fresh air that is full of the heady coffee fragrance. The place is also a trekker’s delight due to its rugged mountain trails, numerous hills, valleys and freshwater streams. It is home to several hills including the tallest peak ofKarnataka which is the Mullayyanagiri Peak.Explore the many wildlife sanctuaries, ancient temples and forts nearby the place. Enjoy the walk through the coffee plantations or catch a magnificent sunset. Experience the best of the The Western Ghats here in Chikkamagaluru.
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast(Only 1 B/F).
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well-experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at noon and check-out at 10 am.
- The driver is only available as per the program given above.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities are mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.