Idukki (The Spice Garden of Kerala)
Idukki is one of the most nature-rich areas of Kerala. High ranges and wooded valleys are girded by three main rivers – Periyar, Thalayar and Thodupuzhayar – and their tributaries. The River Pamba also has its origin here. As a tourist destination, Idukki offers diverse attractions like Wildlife sanctuaries, Hill stations, Dams, Spece plantation tours, Mountain treks, Elephant rides etc. The Idukki Dam, located in Kerala, India, is a 168.91 m (554 ft) tall arch dam. The dam stands between the two mountains – Kuravanmala (839) m and Kurathimala (925) m. Nature lies here at a standstill in all her majesty. Periyar, the queen among the rivers, nestles here amid the bewitching wilderness of forests and mountains. Get on a boat and explore the endless contours of this gorgeous water stretch – the Idukki reservoir. The very sound of the word Thekkady conjures up images of elephants, unending chains of hills
and spice-scented plantations. The Periyar forests of Thekkady are one of the finest wildlife reserves in India. Spreads across the entire district are the picturesque plantations and hill towns that nestle beautiful trails for treks and mountain walks. With its lush green hills, spice-scented plantations and rare flora and fauna, Thekkady is considered to be one of the much sought-after destinations in Kerala. The Periyar forests of Thekkady are one of the finest wildlife reserves in India. It is one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country and the forests of Periyar are embellished by the presence of endangered species including White Tigers. Thekkady offers boating, trekking, camping and other exciting activities. A guided day trek at Periyar, Periyar Tiger Trail, adventure trekking and camping, border hiking, bamboo rafting, and jungle patrol are on offer here Parunthumpara, the endless stretches of green meadows, mountains with deep valleys and the silver line of Azhutha River greet you. A favourite among off-beat travellers, Parunthumpara is a trekker’s delight offering a bird’s eye view of an endless stretch of green forests and the landscape. At 4,700 feet above sea level, the pristine natural beauty is famous for a rock that resembles an eagle and hence the name Parunthumpara or ‘Eagle Rock’The cool mountain breeze along with sweeping mist adds a magical charm to Parunthumpara. Ramakkalmedu is noted for its hills and also for the panoramic and picturesque views of villages in the neighbouring state of Tamil Nadu, which is on the eastern side of the Western Ghats. A noticeably tall, pillar-like rocky structure, about 300 m high and facing east is another attraction here. It is one of the windiest places in Asia
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast(Only 1 B/F).
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well-experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check-out at 10 am.
- The driver is only available as per the program given above.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities are mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.