Mata Vaishno Devi – Jammu
A land of grand ancient temples and beautiful palaces, Jammu is the winter capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Nestled against the backdrop of the snow-capped Pir Panjal Mountains, this southernmost unit of the state of Jammu & Kashmir is studded with an incredibly beautiful landscape. This winter capital of the state is the leaping off point for the magnificent religious and natural attractions that lure the tourists and devotees to the other parts of the region. Be it the multi-hued flags representing the temples and shrines in the city, the tantalizing aromas that lift and diffuse from its spectacular cuisine or even the snowcapped mountains that promise adventure and action, it has something to offer to everyone. Appropriately called the City of Temples because of the profusion of shrines dotting the landscape, Jammu is a travel destination in its own right. The terrains of Jammu lay surrounded by coniferous forests and gleaming streams. Besides the usual scenic attractions of a hill station, Jammu is blessed by the foundations of various shrines and temples and is a haven for pilgrims.Nestled in the lap of the mighty Trikuta Mountains, the cave shrine of Trikuta Bhagvati, popularly known as Vaishnodevi, is one of the most visited pilgrimage centres in India – and indeed the world. Located at an altitude of 5,200 feet above sea level, the shrine attracts devotees from different parts of the country and the world. Inside the cave temple, Maa Vaishno Devi is present in the form of three Pindis which represent three Goddesses- Maa Saraswati, Maa Lakshmi and Maa Kali. It is believed that no prayers go unanswered and disheartened return happy from the shrine. Bhairon Temple is the next important stop after visiting the holy shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi.
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast(Only 1 B/F).
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well-experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check-out at 10 am.
- The driver is only available as per the program given above.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities are mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
Early morning after breakfast, proceed for Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan- one of the most popular pilgrimages of India situated in the lap of Trikuta mountains across Katra town at an altitude of around 5200 feet. Yatra involves a trek of nearly 12 km from the base camp at Katra known as Ban Ganga. An alternate way to perform darshans is by Ponies/Palkis/ Helicopter. If time permits, visit Bhairo Temple & return back to Katra in the evening. Overnight stay at Katra.