Vagamon (Scotland of Kerala) with Gavi Eco-Tourism
Vagamon is a magical land replete with rolling hills, lush meadows, rustic hamlets and sprawling pine valleys. It is an ideal destination to escape into nature. This secluded place, perhaps the best meadowlands of Kerala, offers a refuge, to wind down and catch a deep breath in the chilly valley winds. Vagamon offers activities such as trekking, paragliding, mountaineering and rock climbing. Vagamon is a famed pilgrim destination as well. Thangal, Murugan and Kurisumala are situated here. The highest place in Vagamon is Kolahalamedu, which has towering pine trees with needle-covered branches. Kolahalamedu, which attracts a lot of visitors, has been declared a protected area. Other popular tourist attractions are Pine Valley, Eco-point, and Mooppanpara.Gavi is known for its abundant wildlife and avian reserves. The exceptional flora and fauna of the region draw many Nature lovers and researchers to it. Gavi is also home to many endangered species like the Nilgiri Tahr and the Lion-tailed Macaque. The place is rich in flora and fauna. There are hills and valleys, tropical forests, sprawling grasslands, sholas, cascadingwaterfalls and cardamom plantations. Endangered species including the Nilgiri Tahr and Lion-Tailed Macaque is often sighted on the outskirts of Gavi. With more than 260 species of birds including the Great Pied Hornbill, Woodpecker and Kingfishers, Gavi is literally a paradise for birdwatchers.Some of the breathtaking viewpoints at Gavi like the Valley View offer a spectacular view of the deep ravine and forest below. From Kochu Pampa, a point near Green Mansion eco-lodge, one can track the grazing Nilgiri Tahrs. The famous pilgrim destination, Sabarimala is a short trek from Gavi. For those interested in observing nocturnal wildlife, night safaris to Kullur, Gavi Pullumedu, Kochu Pampa and Pachakanam provide ample opportunities for wildlife viewing. Another unique feature of Gavi iscamping in the forests. One can pitch a tent in the camping site, which is a rarity in many Indian forests. As dusk stretches into the silence of the night, one can feel the presence of wildlife in the middle of nowhere, an experience that cannot be explained in words. There are also tree-top houses where one can enjoy avian life to the fullest.
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast(Only 1 B/F).
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well-experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check-out at 10 am.
- The driver is only available as per the program given above.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities are mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.